Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Independent Sleeping Experiment: Part 2

Isaac did well last night. I got him down at about 9:15 after a long, loud trip home from grandma and grandpa's. He woke up three times between 9:15 and 10:15 and then didn't wake up again until 2:40. I had the same anxious feeling I'd had the night before, not having him in my bed, and I laid there awake for a good 30 minutes before I finally went in and checked on him. I'd been trying to stay out of his room for fear of waking him up, but, just once, I had go to put my hand on his tummy and assure myself he was still breathing and everything was okay. It was, of course. After that, I fell asleep and slept pretty well. After his 2:40 waking, he woke up again at about 5:30. Then, I brought him to bed, nursed him, and we (over)slept until about 7am.

All in all, not a bad night. I am considering moving him to the cradle that's still in our bedroom so I'll stop freaking out so much about the ridiculous, unknown perils I imagine await him in his own room. That, or I could just get a grip. Either one. We'll see.

John still slept on the couch.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online