Thursday, December 18, 2008

Isaac hits the bottle

Here, Isaac's halfhearted attempt at self-sufficiency. He's held his own bottle before, but is was a skinner bottle that I guess fit better in his tiny, baby hands. And he was reclining. And he's mastered the art of getting the sippy cup to his mouth, but he has yet to figure out how to get the water out.

A couple of nights ago, after Little Man downed an entire jar of organic carrots (no, I didn't puree these myself. Gerber provided), I let him have a drink of water. But, I thought, maybe it's time for LM to grow up a bit and learn how to hold the bottle on his own. That didn't quite work out the way I intended, but it sure was fun to watch.

Now, which end of this is up? It's not marked...

It's a little slippery in my carrot puree-covered hands.

Now, how to get that pesky nipple in my mouth?

Just look at how focused he is.

Remember, he's just eaten an entire jar of carrots. Even after the bath that followed, his cheeks still had an orange tint to them.

Getting closer...

Yes! I did it! Mission (semi-) accomplished. He never did get the end of the bottle high enough into the air to get any of the water our of it.

Doh! Foiled again!


2 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh, yes...the carrot stain. Welcome to the world of baby food. And many stained little pieces of clothing.

Shelly Collins said...

Oranga glad he likes carrots?

Adorable as always.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online