Friday, October 3, 2008

Can't believe I missed it (wait, yes I can)


My mom told me that Isaac crawled today. She said she put him on the floor on his back on a blanket, and he rolled over, got up on his hands and knees and, very slowly and with extraordinary effort, pulled himself forward. She said he'd use his arms to pull himself forward while on his hands and knees, then he'd collapse and drag his legs forward. He only made it a few inches before he pooped out, but she was very proud of him nonetheless. We tried to get him to do it again when I got home from work, but, of course, he wouldn't.

Other things he is doing now:
Sticking his tongue out ALL the time. See photo.
Rolling over both ways.
Putting his feet in his mouth.
Pulling his socks off.
Sitting up by supporting his weight with his arms. He can't do this for a very long period of time, but he can do it.
Making himself laugh.
Improving hand eye coordination. He's getting really good at getting toys to his mouth without first smacking himself in the head a few times. If you hold something out to him, he'll reach out and grab it. He especially loves this little wooden beaded teether I just got from Lundeby's.
Pulling at my shirt when he wants to nurse; grabbing the bottle when someone else is feeding him.
Still not sleeping.

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Exciting!! He'll be climbing onto kitchen tables, before you know it ;)

cyclefreaks said...

he is so cute. he has a fabulous smile!

Kaia is inch-worming but not all out crawling yet. She's a great sitter though. it's really cute to see such a little baby sit up all straight and proper.

Shelly Collins said...

Holly, email me your personal email address! I miss you. We're going to Texas this weekend to see Blake's grandpa so I can't go to the indie emporium. So sad!

Shelly Collins said...

Yes, lunch Friday! Elote?

Tasha said...

Holly...
Thank you, thank you, and thank you for supporting me, in this crazy motherhood adventure! You can't imagine how great I felt, reading your comment this morning. You have helped me to see myself in a different light, and I greatly appreciate your suggestions!!

I am so glad we're friends, and I hope you know how much I value your insight and opinion! I have to admit, I was thinking of deleting this post today, if no one had commented. I felt really vulnerable, and a little crazy ;), after putting it all out there. But, I am now so glad that I didn't.

I definitely want to ask you some questions...about the grant writing and such! We should absolutely do Lunch Fridays this week!!!

I suddenly feel empowered to begin (or continue?) this search, and it's great to know that I have a friend by my side.

How's that for a mushy comment! ;)
Much love...
T.

Tasha said...

Oh, and I cried a little ;)

Tasha said...

Oh, and I totally agree that the SAHM thing is probably causing me some anxiety due to the fact that it's not a 'for sure'. I don't have a set-in-stone plan, and I don't deal well with no plan. BUT, I never thought of it that way...thanks.

Gosh, I could go on and on...which is no surprise, at this point, lol.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online