Monday, January 5, 2009

Ready, set...

On Saturday, at my parents' house, I put Isaac on the floor for a little tummy time and to encourage him to attempt crawling. I do this every day, and every day he just lays flat on his belly, his arms and legs lifted and flailing in the air, and screams.

Saturday, he did this:
He's on his hands and knees! This photo was taken later that same day, when I put him down on the floor again to see if he would stay on his hands and knees or if that one time was just a fluke. Nope, folks, the Little Man is gettin' ready to crawl!

Or, something...
He's just not quite sure where to go from here. And, as you can see, the frustration is mounting...

And here comes the screaming. He'd had enough. Right after I snapped this photo, I, of course, rescued him from the horrible situation in which I'd put him. Poor baby. At least we know that he won't be the last baby on earth to crawl. Not that it's really that big of a deal. I know I kind of make it seem like one here, but I'm really not that worried about him crawling and walking. I know he will when he's ready. And I'm sure I'll meet that moment with a combination of pride and dismay. And I'll regret that I ever wished for him to be mobile.

We spent a lot of time Sunday at John's, and I started thinking about how, this month, Isaac will be nine months old, and only three months after that, he'll be a year old! It wasn't long before I was whining to my son's father, "I can't believe Isaac is almost a year old! I'm not ready for my baby to grow up!"

He somewhat brought me back down to reality, reminding me that Isaac just turned eight months old and has almost four to go before he's the big "1," but still, I can't help but think that day will come too quickly. Yet another reason to remember to slow down and enjoy every moment of my son's immobility that I possibly can. It won't be long before he's crawling and running away from me. He's already begun to wriggle out of my arms when I hold him! You can see in his face that he wants to get down and get into everything, and, as soon as he can, he will.

So maybe I can put off the "go" part a little while longer...

2 comments:

Natasha said...

That last photo! The confusion and frustration! Ah!

Sometimes I wish they could talk so we'd know more about what they're going through. Then I remember what I'm asking for and say five Hail Marys and try not to think about it again for awhile.

That boy is going to be cruising up and down your hallway in no time. You watch.

cyclefreaks said...

So the safari roller DID work!! LOL, nah. It's just time. the little man is getting tired of relying on you for transportation. :) And though he will want down and want to get into everything, he'll still be a little cuddle bug and you'll just relish the times when he is sitting in your lap even more.

Kaia will be 1 in 17 days! :( I was looking at a little pair of preemie pants this morning, she was so small. And now she's almost a year old and 16 pounds! It goes so fast...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online