Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm just crazy

I told Shelly that was going to be the title of my next post. I decided that after telling her for the gillionth time about another project I planned to take on. Really, there are too many to count. Every time I bring up something that I "really want to start doing" I think, when am I ever going to have time for that? But somehow, in my mind, it seems like a really good idea. So I add it to the list and hope, someday, that I'll get around to it.

I'm also crazy because yesterday I tackled the chore of handling two young kids at once. I told my friend Amber I'd watch her two year-old, Abbi, while she worked. I figured doing so would really help me determine whether I want another baby by the time Isaac is three (which is what I've been telling John), or if I want to wait until he's 13. She's a really well-behaved little girl, but it was difficult handling them both at the same time since Isaac still nurses so long and often and needs so much of my attention. I've always told Shelly I think she's supermom for handling two young ones by herself (when the hubby is at work), and this experience definitely reiterated that thought. I called my mom to help me, and we took the kiddos to Gilcrease Museum. They have activities for kids and, I thought, it was free, so I figured it'd be a great way to keep her entertained.

Unfortunately, now that TU has taken over administration of the museum, it's no longer free, and I didn't think the $16 I spent on mine and my mom's admittance was really worth it for what Abbi got out of it. The play excavation site, which was one of my main reasons for taking he there, had been removed (temporarily or not, I don't know), and we spent most of our time in the Creative Learning Center where she colored and read books. I think the center is really neat, but, to be perfectly honest, we could have done those things at home for less than $16. When it comes down to it, I think she was just too young to really enjoy the activities they had for kids. But, at least it kept her out of the house and from being bored.

One thing about that girl, though, is that she is going to be a great big sister if her momma ever decides to have more kids. On the way to the museum, when Isaac was crying, I'd hear her saying "It's okay, baby." And on the way back to my parents' house, I looked over my shoulder, and she was holding out a piece of one of her graham crackers to Isaac, patiently waiting for him to take and eat it. After about 10 minutes, she set it on his car seat, and said "Eat it. Eat it." Finally, when he wouldn't eat it, she ate it herself. I wanted so badly to get a picture because it was the cutest thing ever, but we were on the highway, and I didn't think stopping was a very safe idea. I do have photos, though, of her carrying toys to Isaac in his little bouncy seat. She'd hold them out to him and, when he wouldn't take them, she'd just deposit them into the seat with him. He had about 20 plastic toys in his seat that she was trying to get him to play with. It was absolutely adorable.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online